Welcome to the new series where each month a project kit, tools and detailed workshop will be introduced. Along with the PDF instructions there will be a video series that covers each step and you'll recieve a kit box with tools and materials.
In the very first workshop I share with you a tutorial on how to paint and finish a reclaimed wood serving tray for your home. This introduces decorative painting by starting from the beginning. This painted tray is a practical, beautiful piece whether using it in the living room (placed on a coffee table or ottoman), in the kitchen to corral spices or on the dining room table as a centerpiece.
I can’t wait to see what you create!
This workshop covers prep, painting, taping out a design, distressing, finishing and attaching the burlap webbing handles.
- a detailed digital workshop
- detailed PDF instructions
- reclaimed wood tray, 21" x 13.5" x 2.25"
- burlap webbing
- brass French tacks
- 100 ml Autentico Vintage paint in Warm Grey
- 100 ml Autentico Vintage paint in Casa Blanca
- 2 ounces Autentico Clear wax
- small wood stir sticks
- cardboard palette
- sanding block
- white cotton rags
- 2, 2" natural bristle paint brushes